2011-07-07

new lens: Tokina 28mm f2.8

I went to a flea market last saturday and purchased an analog Tokina RMC 28mm f2.8 for only 8€ :) ordered an adapter as soon as I found out which mount it is so I could use it on my digital camera. Today it finally arrived, so naturally I used the trip to the library to test it out.


the guy at the photography store said it won't compare to a digital lens, which I already expected cause it's a third party lens and an adapter is necessary. so I thought those definitely won't benefit the quality of the pictures, but I think it's doing quite ok on my Olympus :) ESPECIALLY for the price I paid!!!


self portraits are a little hard and took quite some time since you have to focus manually...


also took my first steps into freelensing. takes some time to get it right and most of the shots are out of focus, but I'll definitely will try it again


will try it out in the Zoo the next time I work and will also try to get a proper pictures of the baby giraffe that's been born in Schönbrunn!!!

4 Comments:

Laura 08 July, 2011 16:11  

Wow defo some great shots especially based on the price you paid! Love the self portrait.

Also I feel stupid asking but I am going to...is that an actual train on a street?? Its driving me nuts I am looking at it and I wanna say okay maybes its real but its so mini lol

marie 09 July, 2011 14:49  

thanks, it was definitely a good deal hehe

lol not a train, it's a tram and it's real ;)

Laura 09 July, 2011 16:52  

Seriously, cause it looks like those miniatures you see at like legoland or something, like I feel I could pick it up with my hand in the way it was shot. SO flipping cool!

Anonymous 22 December, 2012 03:40  

i love your train shot!, i have this lens in a nikon mount, used on my d700 it takes a great photo, i paid $25 australian and it came with a plastic nikon film camera wich was binned

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/mczr21/layout%20stuff/Untitled-1.png

  © 2009 McZee's Photography by Marie Zeiler || Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP